Weight Loss Ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

running on empty...literally

hey there!

so today i finally got back to the gym, after 6 days of being away. it was an okay run, i guess since i started back on the low carb thing yesterday, i felt like i was just running out of steam. i ran for 20 minutes, in intervals and walked for 30. then i hit the elliptical for another 10 minutes. i definitely pushed myself and was happy with myself for at least doing some sort of movement.



i just had a really yummy dinner. gordon's shrimp scampi (10 shrimp in a buttery creamy sauce = 3.5 pts), a vegetable boca burger (1 pt), small slice of avocado and sprinkle of cheddar cheese (1 pt for both) and some brocoli on the side. i was so stuffed!! i was dipping my brocoli in the shrimp scampi sauce, YUMMY! i think i may just eat the shrimp scampi on top of the brocoli next time so that the brocoli catches the extra sauce. the sauce was so rich.

scale this a.m.: 133.5...come on, don't stop now scale, we only lost 1 lb :) hehe

what is your favorite boca burger or boca product?

1 comment:

Amy Dungan said...

Congrats on your progress so far! As someone who has succeeded on a low-carb plan in the past (I goofed up a couple of years ago.. long story, but I'm back on track)and who knows people who have kept the weight off with lc for years, let me just say congrats for being open-minded enough to give it a try.

Please visit my blog, and the low-carb blog links I share there, for motivation and inspiration. I'll be visiting you regularly to see how your doing!

Oh.. and just a point on some comments I read in your other posts. If you do a low-carb diet to lose the weight and don't stick with it as a lifestyle, you'll gain every pound back. As a matter of fact, that will happen with EVERY diet a person tries, whether it be low-carb, low-cal, or low-fat. In order for a diet to be a long term success it has to be a way of life.

As for the safety of low-carb in the long term: Studies are coming out daily about the great benefits of low-carb and how they are just as healthy as other recommended diets, providing you do them correctly and not just what you read in the media.

If I can be of any help at all, please don't hesitate to contact me. Good luck!